BREAKING NEWS: Our latest survey* has revealed that just 38 per cent of North West folk take a regular lunchbreak. And, having spent 166 years battling hunger with our tasty treats, we’re certainly not going to let this fly!
Around one in local five people say they simply don’t have the time to take a lunchbreak nowadays, with a further five per cent claiming they don’t have anywhere to cook or store their food. So, we’re giving you the chance to win a ‘kitchen or canteen kit out’ worth around £750! Comprising of a fridge, a microwave and a stash of Holland’s brand new Micro 2 Go® slices, the unique kit out prize package has been put together to help tackle this shocking rise in lunchtime lows.
The competition is open to workplaces, community groups and households across the North West until 12pm Thursday 26th January. To enter, all you have to do is send your deserving plea to HungerBusters@lucre.co.uk including the points below….
- Name of key contact:
- Date of birth for key contact:
- Organisation/club/business/house that the prize would be awarded to:
- Address of organisation/club/business/house (the prize delivery point):
- of people employed, volunteering or living there:
- Contact telephone numbers of key contact (business and mobile where possible):
- Email address:
- 300 words stating why you deserve the Hunger Busters prize and the impact it would have:
- A hi-res photograph of your team/group/family:
Judges will be looking for personality, originality and strength of case within the winning entry with the judges’ shortlist being put to the public vote in February this year. Stay tuned for more details and see here for full terms and conditions. Good luck!
*research conducted through Google surveys with 1,005 North West residents
Terms and Conditions
- This Competition is open to residents of the North West of England (Lancashire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Cumbria) only. Any employees and their immediate families of W. Farnsworth Ltd. t/a Holland’s Pies (the ‘Competition Provider’), 2 Sisters Food Group, or any organisation professionally involved with the Competition, or their close relatives, are not eligible to enter.
- The Competition will run when the first social media post has been issued by the Competition Provider on Thursday 12 January 2017 at 9:00am and will end at 12:00pm on Thursday 26 January 2017 (the ‘Entry Period’). A secondary period will then commence until Thursday 9th February whereby a shortlist will be selected. A voting process will start then on 12:00pm Thursday 16th February a final winner will be announced.
- All entrants must be 18 years or over.
- Any entries after the Entry Period will not be considered, notwithstanding the fact that the posts may remain on the Competition Provider’s Holland’s Pies’ Facebook and Twitter account page.
- Entrants accept these terms and conditions and the Competition Provider’s general terms and conditions, sited on hollandspies.co.uk.
- Entrants are only permitted to enter once. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
- In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorised account holder of the email account will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these terms and conditions. Entrants may be required to show proof of being an authorised account holder.
- These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with any specific entry instructions and any other terms and conditions referred to herein. Entrants to the Competition acknowledge that failure to comply with any terms and conditions may result in their disqualification from the Competition. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all the requirements of these terms and conditions and any other terms and conditions referred to herein.
- Entrants must be able to safely house the equipment provided with space and electricity points for the Prize package.
How to Enter
- To enter the Competition entrants must email HungerBusters@Lucre.co.uk and provide the following details to complete their entries:
- Name of key contact
- Date of birth for key contact
- Organisation/club/business/house that the prize would be awarded to
- Address of organisation/club/business/house (the prize delivery point)
- of people employed/volunteering or living there
- Contact telephone numbers of key contact (business and mobile where possible)
- Email address of key contact
- 300 words stating why you deserve the Hunger Busters prize and the impact it would have
- A hi-res photograph of your team/group/family (please ensure that permission is provided by all individuals included in the photo, including from the relevant parent/guardian for anyone aged under 18).
Prize Terms and Conditions
The Prize is subject to the following general terms:
- There is one Prize in total: a ‘Canteen Kit Out’ including a fridge and a microwave to the value of £500 and 150 Micro 2 Go® slices. The Competition Provider will purchase the fridge and the microwave (the ‘Prize’).
- The promoter W. Farnsworth Ltd. t/a Holland’s Pies, Lancashire BB5 2SA, will make contact with the hosen winner to arrange a suitable date of delivery, please allow up to 7 working days for Holland’s to make contact with the winner and 28 working days for delivery of the prize.
- As part of the Prize there are 150 Micro 2 Go® Slices, the winner can choose from 4 different flavour variants and will need to take the full amount in one delivery, the amount can be reduced if necessary.
- The Prize is non-transferable and may not be given, gifted, assigned or sold to another person.
- The winner cannot exchange the Prize for cash or other alternatives. The Competition Provider reserves the right (but shall be under no obligation) to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value to the Prize (or any component part thereof) if for any reason, it or any other suppliers are unable to supply the Prize as specified.
- The Competition Provider does not accept any responsibility for ensuring that the Prize conforms to particular dietary requirements. The winner of the Prize should ensure that they read all of the packaging fully.
- The Competition Provider cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment resulting from the redemption of the prize and the prize winner shall be responsible for all associated costs (e.g. electricity costs).
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the liability of the the Competition Provider or any prize provider for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud.
- The Competition Provider reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and/or the operation of the competition at any time upon reasonable notice. Any amendment shall be effective upon posting the modified terms and conditions and/or modified competition on hollandspies.co.uk/blog and notifying entrants either on this website blog page, via email or via social media sites.
- The Competition Provider reserves the right to terminate the competition at any time. Any notice of termination shall be posted on hollandspies.co.uk/blog and via social media sites.
- Any queries regarding the Hunger Buster campaign must be emailed to email@example.com
- The Competition Provider’s failure to enforce strict performance of any provision of these terms and conditions will not constitute a waiver of the Competition Provider’s right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of these terms and conditions.
Choosing the winners
- A judging panel, consisting of team members from the Competition Provider and external agency Lucre Marketing Ltd, will review all emailed entries by the closing date and create a shortlist.
- The criteria the judges will be basing their decision on is:
- Meeting the entry criteria
- Quality/creativity of entry
- Personality in the entry
- Ability to show/articulate potential impact of the prize
- The shortlisted entries will then be posted on the Competition Provider Holland’s Pies Facebook page, using the Agora Pulse App, to be voted on by the public.
- The winner will be contacted via email and have 7 days from the date of the announcement post to claim their Prize and delivery will be made within 28 days of such claim. If the winner does not claim their Prize within this time, the Competition Provider may, in its absolute discretion, re-award the Prize to another entrant, change and/or withdraw the Prize (or any part of it).
- Please note that any social media used to promote the Competition (i.e. Facebook and Twitter) are not responsible for any element of this promotion and have in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered this promotion.
- Entrants’ details (including photographs) will be published online and may be used in future marketing activities and by submitting their details and entering the competition, entrants also agree that they will get involved in further reasonable media relations and social media activity (if they are a winner).
- The Competition Provider may in their absolute discretion change these terms and conditions without notice or cancel or amend the competition without prior notice at any time, for reasons outside of their control.
- By receipt of any Prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless the Competition Provider and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and Prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action (excluding personal injury or death), including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property arising out of participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of the Prizes.
- The Released Parties will not be liable for any cancellations or changes to the Competition or the Prizes, or for any loss or damage that entrants (or accompanying passengers) suffer as a result of entering the Competition provided that nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit the liability of the Released Parties in relation to personal injury or death caused by the Released Parties’ negligence or fraud.
- Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant’s application, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the application process or the Competition; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition, the uploading, the processing or judging of posts, the announcement of the Prize or in any Competition-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants’ participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable posts or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
- If the winning entrant is deemed not to comply with these terms, they will be excluded and the Prize (or any part of it) may be redistributed. The Competition Provider’s decision on all matters relating to the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition Provider shall not be liable to perform any of its obligations under the Competition or in respect of the Prize where it is unable to do so as a result of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond its reasonable control and whilst it may (but shall not be obliged to) endeavour to provide an alternative Prize of equal value, it shall not be liable to compensate entrants or winners in such circumstances.
- These terms are subject to English Law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
11th January 2017