We Need Your Holland's Pies Memorabilia For Our Upcoming 160th Anniversary Exhibition
This year is an important milestone for all the team here at the bakery, since it marks 160 years of us making pies and puds in Lancashire. To celebrate this special anniversary, we’re putting on an exhibition which will include some Holland’s memorabilia and would love to showcase your very own Holland’s gems from yesteryear.
The exhibition, which will be free to enter, is going to take place between 11th November 2011 and 12th February 2012 at Manchester’s Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI). It will be interactive and educational and tell the story of Holland’s over the decades.
To make a real success of the exhibition, we know we’re going to need your help loyal pie fans. What we’d like you to do is scour your homes, garages and sheds for interesting memorabilia to feature in our display. It may be something you have close to hand or something you vaguely remember in a corner of your loft, whatever it is, we’d love you to let us see it and perhaps include it at the MOSI, alongside our own items from the bakery.
How to enter your memorabilia…
If you have any items you’d like us to consider, there are a number of ways you can do that and remember we’ll need to hear from you by 5pm on Friday 30th September 2011:
1. You can upload a photo* of your item to our Official Facebook Page along with a brief description and background story on the item
2. You can Tweet a photo* to us @HollandsPies along with a brief description and background story on the item
3. You can email a photo* of your item to email@example.com along with a brief description and background story on the item
4. You can post a photo along with a brief description and background story on the item to the following address: Holland’s Pies Memorabilia Search, Holland’s Pies, Baxenden, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 2SA.
*If you’re unable to submit a photo of your item, don’t worry; a description of it will do just as well.
We’re limited to a certain amount of exhibition space at the MOSI, which means that we’ll only be able to display the best pieces of memorabilia that we’re contacted about. Our judging team will select those items, once the submission deadline has passed.
If your item is selected to feature in the exhibition, we’ll contact you by 10th October 2011 and agree how and when to get it to us. You don’t need to worry about postage costs, we’ll reimburse those in full.
Can’t wait to see what you find!
Karen & Luke – Holland’s Pies Marketing Team
1. The ‘160th Memorabilia Search’ is open to everybody, however, if aged under 18 years of age, written permission must be given by a parent or guardian to contact us about an item(s) of memorabilia.
2. Individuals with a piece(s) of Holland’s Pies memorabilia wanting to submit the item(s), should contact us via the advised contact details and wait to hear from us before sending the item(s).
3. By sending an item(s) of memorabilia to us as part of the ‘160th Memorabilia Search’, individuals agree to us displaying the item(s) at MOSI and the items featuring in PR and marketing collateral.
4. We will take care of all items that are sent in as part of the ‘160th Memorabilia Search’, however, if any items are lost or damaged, we will not be held responsible.
5. We will ensure that all items that are received as part of the ‘160th Memorabilia Search’ are returned to their respective owners at the end of the exhibition at MOSI. Any item(s) will be sent via recorded delivery after 13th February 2012 and will be delivered within four weeks.
6. All entrants must be living in the UK.